Introducing Internet Banking
Your life has just got easier. Apply for online banking and start managing your accounts online from the comfort of your home, office or wherever you have access to internet connection.
More and more people are discovering the benefits of online banking with more customers signing on daily.
Benefits of Internet Banking
With Internet Banking, you can, enjoy the convenience of managing your finances quickly and easily at a time that suits you. You can bank safely and securely – at work, home or abroad.
- Access to account from anywhere in the world.
- Online real-time account monitoring facility.
- Convenience of conducting banking transactions from comfort of home/office.
- Easy Access to bank information and products.
- Effective, cheaper and easier way for our customers to communicate with banks.
- Allows 24/7 access to account.
- Check your balance, monitor transactions and print your account statement.
- Pay utility bills, transfer funds between your accounts and to other beneficiaries.
- Request, confirm and stop cheques.
- Change password and update your personal details.
- Single view of ALL your FCMB accounts showing available balances including credit cards, loans and deposits accounts.
- Transfer funds between your own and 3rd party accounts (within FCMB)
- Interbank transfers – move money from one bank to another
- Bills Payment – you can pay your DSTV bills and more
- Request for Cheque book, drafts and ATM debit cards.
Can I still use my local bank for manual transactions?
Yes you can. You will be able to carry out a range of transactions online but you will still have to visit a branch for some transactions such as depositing cash and cheques.
What's my daily transactions limit?
Transaction limit is pegged at a N500,000 per transaction while daily transfer limit is pegged at N1,000,000.
What are applicable charges for transfers?
- Account to self - No charge
- Third party (intra-bank) - No charge
- To beneficiary - No charge
- Inter-bank - N100
- DSTV - N100
What is the registration process for online banking?
Steps to Register for FCMBOnline
- Visit www.firstcitygroup.com
- Click on internet banking: individual
- Click Register
- Read and accept the terms and condition
- Enter your Account details
- Account Name
- Mobile Number (as registered with the bank)
- Email Address (as registered with the bank)
- Select a New Login Name (your preferred name for logging in to FCMBOnline)
- Select ATM card preference (Click Yes, if you have one, No if you don't)
- If yes, enter your card PAN (19 digits number), if no, continue.
- Click submit to register your form
You will receive your login credentials immediately:– Your User ID to your phone, password to your registered email address. Use it to login, change your password and start carrying out your online transactions.
How secure is FCMB Online banking?
FCMB Online banking is very secure and uses the latest encryption
technique and fraud detections systems. The security of our service and
of your accounts is absolutely our number one priority. The security
features have been enhanced to ensure security while you enjoy the
benefits of our online banking services. The safety and confidentiality
of customers' personal information is our top priority. The security
system makes use of the latest in technologies, standards, and business
practices to guarantee customer security including:
- 128 bit data encryption between your computer and internet banking system.
- Keypad for PIN entry to guard against password cloning.
- The use transaction code to complete a transaction.
- Secret questions and answers.
- User ID and Passcode.
There are also additional steps that you can personally take to help ensure your accounts remain safe and secure:
- Never share your sign-in details with anybody
- Never respond to emails that ask you to supply your sign-in details.
These are known as phishing emails and we would never email you asking
you to supply your sign in details
Can I add accounts to online banking?
All your accounts are automatically added to your profile once
customers are set up on the platform (including loan accounts Kindly
contact the customer service unit of the bank if any of your account
isn’t profiled on the platform.
Can I operate both my personal and business accounts with online banking?
Yes you can. All accounts of each customer will be displayed. An
example is where a customer has 2 current accounts and a savings
account. Customers will be able to view all three accounts. The bank is
currently reviewing online banking for business account holders.
Customers will be advised in due course of latest developments.
How do I transfer money between my FCMB accounts using online banking?
You can click on the transfer funds menu. “Click on account to self
transfers” link. Select the account number to be debited and account to
be credited and click the submit button.
What are your customer service details?
For further enquiries, please call our Contact Centre Consultants on
01-2798800 or 0700FCMBMYBANK (0700 3262 692265) between 8am-7pm on
Mondays – Fridays. Email:
I can’t remember any of my five security answers and questions?
If you are already logged in (user can remember password) Customers
can click on “get secret answer link”. A mail will be sent with one of
user’s secret answers. User can then log in. Once user is logged on to
the platform, he clicks on the home option menu and click on security
questions. This will display all your security questions and users have
the option of requesting for their secret answers or changing their
secret questions. If you are not already logged in (user cannot remember
log in password): kindly contact FCMB customer solutions for a reset of
your account. Contact centre staff can be reached on 01-2798800 or
0700FCMBMYBANK (0700 3262 692265) between 8am-7pm on Mondays – Fridays.
What happens when I initiate an interbank transaction with wrong details?
How do I use the Virtual Keyboard?
The virtual keyboard is like your regular keyboard. Once username is
inputted and the tab button is tapped, the virtual keyboard displays.
Users can click on characters on the keyboard to form. To access other
special characters, users should click on the shift button.
How do I Change my Transaction password?
For users to make 3rd party payments and interbank transfers, they
would require a transaction password. Users can retrieve their
transaction passwords by clicking on the home option menu. Click on
transaction password, answer the secret question and fill in your
current transaction password. Fill in and confirm new transaction
password. Click on change password.
am a migrated user and have never filled any security questions or
answers and am having difficulty passing the stage for questions and
Customers should check their email box (spam and junk mail
inclusive). Log-in details have been sent to the e-mail boxes of users
who previously used the legacy application. Where customers still don’t
find their log in detail, they should contact the bank. Once users are
logged on, they are required to choose and answer their security
questions before proceeding to use the platform.
How do I block my ATM card?
Under the manage request menu, click on the “block my ATM card” link.
Please note that you would have to visit a nearby branch to be issued a
new card. Card request can also be made via our internet banking
platform or call the contact Centre on 012798800 to request for a card;
alternatively, you can send an email to
I got a text messages saying I have been profiled for Internet Banking but yet to receive both Login name and Password
Profiled customers should check their email (including spam/junk and
bulk mails) for their log in details. Where customers still can’t locate
their details, they should contact the bank.
What’s new on the online banking platform?
We've refreshed the design of our website – improving the appearance
and making it easier and more interactive to use. Of course, you can
still do all of the things you’ve done in the past and much more.
What we've changed
- Improved navigation
We've changed the way you navigate around the site to make it easier
for you to find what you need. We have links on the left hand of pages -
everything you need to do on the platform can be done from the menus on
the left panes.
- Cleaner, clearer page layouts
Pages are less cluttered, with the text larger and clearer.
We've also updated the styling of all pages to make them bolder, clearer and more straightforward.
Your username (chosen by the user) is sent via sms while the password
is sent via email. Also a transaction password is required to make 3rd
party payments, interbank payments and utility payments. Also, you can
block your ATM cards on the platform once stolen or misplaced, and
hence, secure your money
- Branch and ATM location
Users can locate the branches and ATMs closest to them via the online banking platform.
Users can pay for DSTV via the online platform (other utilities to follow).